Monday, July 03, 2006

digging

I have an old journal...well, not that old, only about 3 years old. It is full of memories of a very passionate, intense, sad, scary, ugly part of my marriage.
But there are alot of good memories in it too....I don't feel up to sifting through it all yet, but I sorta want to get rid of it-- but it is a full journal of handwritten life as I lived it...parts of me, parts of Joe, parts of the children's lives, stirred in with the most aweful parts of my life.

what do I do with it?

I have a very close trusted friend loves me and Joe both, I thought about having her look at it..but is it wrong to burden someone else with it all? It makes me sad to think about it sitting in the den...like a grey cloud of sad. With sparkles.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Leesa said...

don't keep it in the den, but sometimes these memories unlock areas that need to be explored - personally by you! For your eyes only.

United We Lay said...

Put it in a box in the back of the closet and pull it out when you're ready. Or leave it there until you die. Your kids will read it then, but you won't care. You're dead.

MOAB said...

Thanks guys...I mustered up the courage to crack it open...after reading it, I just felt dumb. I didn't like the person writing, felt no sympathy for her emotions or drama, and decided there was nothing to be gained or lost through it....so I doused it in the fire pit. Books take a long time to burn. Felt a bit bradbury, but after it was gone, I felt lighter.