I sit at my dining room table, looking out the 3 large windows over my back yard. The roses are blooming, the fountain is gurgling, birds singing, and it is really just a lovely day. Henry and Emma are eating their 2nd bowls of cereal, Clara is curled up in a chair in the living room drawing, and James has (irritatingly) descended into the cave (basement) to play video games with his dad.
I have Joe's laptop, and I really really want one of my own even more than ever. I like surfing and blogging and whatnot upstairs...and the thought of taking the whole process outside to sit on the porch or in the garden makes me positively tingle.
My big plans for today are to get the fence finished. I have 1 gate to build, and 2 already built gates to hang. My picket fence (white of course) looks fantastic, and even though fencing in the teeny tiny yard makes it look even smaller, it gives it a wonderful courtyard feel. I'm really proud of how well it turned out. My dad helped a lot--he set the posts and marked the tops so I would know where to cut them off. Everything else I did by myself, or with the kids. This house is coming along nicely....I'm loving it pretty.
On another note...I think I might maybe ought to go get a test. Yeah....a pregnancy test. I've been sort-of spotting for a few days, and a couple of days ago my left breast hurt so bad...like a duct was blocked or something. Neither of these things are my usual pre-menstrual symptoms (and I'm not due for that for another week or so) --but they're not my usual early pregnancy symptoms either.
Now, this wouldn't be ideal----the "baby" Henry is 5 now, and we were not planning on any more kids. Joe actually went and got clipped (not cut--clipped--he got the vas-clips, and one of them has always given him fits--pain and general discomfort---maybe it came loose?)
But--if I am....YAY! Babies are never a bad thing...especially if God really wanted us to have another one so bad that he circumvented Joe's sterilization and our alarmingly infrequent sex. I will be thrilled if I am, and very very relieved if I'm not.
So....yeah.
My life is lovely and charming.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Lovely morning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a wonderful time for you. I am happy for you, sweetie.
Definitely get that laptop! The only thing is, when I got mine, I really thought I was going to sit outside and do my work. Nope. Too bright. (my luck!)
Good luck with everything!
Enjoy your weekend...!
Post a Comment