Okay, so I was going to post something witty (lie) and smart (lie) but the kids started fighting in the next room, and I had to break it up ("Henry hit me with a block!"..."She threw a lincoln log at me first!")
Christ.
I mean really.
The stillness in my house is numbing now....must have music...
Okey dokey....Mike and Amy Finders....great folks, great music...you can listen to them here...song #1 is my favorite and my daily theme song...not a good sign.
Ohhh Ohhh...if that link worked I will be soooooo impressed with myself.
Oh...so annoying...the song cuts off before it is over....I hate that.
A tease is never good.
Well..okay, sometimes...but only when it all works out in the end.
Why oh why wouldn't they have the whole song...I would listen to the cd all day...it is that good. If I didn't already have a copy (somewhere) I would buy another one.
You should too.
No. Really...go buy the cd.
Now.
Okay, only if you want to....but really, you should.
The other disk is good too (actually they have a few...) but the best song on it is Emma's Song.
Makes me cry every time...I have a baby Emma too...but now she's almost 9, and oddly enough they (Mike and Amy) have an Emma the same age, and (hold on to your hats) another daughter named Clara.
Yeah, I could have been a cool kickass bluegrass singer.
Okay, that's a lie too.
And the weird thing is that I don't normally go in for this kind of music...but the lyrics are good...songs with a story. I'm a big band girl, and I like the old vocal Jazz standards, and oddly--Johnny Cash, and Punk...and some angry fun metal...and...oh hell...if it makes me smile, cry, think or dance I like it....I'm a musical whore.
Wheeee...I'm a Whore!
(Leesa, isn't this how you drive blog traffic?)
Okay...a list. The things I need to do tonight.
Laundry...James needs his coat washed
Put up the last 2 shelves in the den
Put the books on the sheves
Get dinner into the kids (ham, mashed potatoes, vegies, rolls)
pick up some more in the downstairs
dishes
Maaaaaan....I don't waaaaana do any of this.
Ugh.
Better post, and see if that link worked...
Heart..me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
When you wrote:
Okay, so I was going to post something witty (lie) and smart (lie) but the kids started fighting in the next room, and I had to break it up ("Henry hit me with a block!"..."She threw a lincoln log at me first!")
Christ.
I mean really.
I was thinking to myself: what kind of damage could the children do if they had metal Tonka trucks. Just thinking.
lol....you don't wanna know...fortunately, they seem to only assault each other with smaller lightweight items. Unless the girls get into it...girls are mean.
Yeah, girls can be mean. Thanks for the comments on my site, by the way.
Post a Comment