Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Stealing time versus Granted time

I have only one baby this week, the somewhat easier one (although she has been higher maintenance of late) and today her mother picked her up at 2:30...YAY! Free time!
James and I had already started a project...sanding and painting a peg rack for the side entry for kids' coats and snow gear.
So I got the peg rack finished, once that was up, I re-hung the other hooks (they were all off level and oddly placed), I got the touch up painting done in the side entry, trim in the hallway done, painted the closet door, and
Whoops!
The kids missed church class (which to be fair Joe was supposed to take them to).
Then...
Double whoops...I got a phone message too late that they needed me to teach the 6th grade class tonight.

So the question is...
Am I a bad person because I skipped and missed and stole and took advantage of the time I had to get something done that I wouldn't otherwise have had time to do...or
Did God give me the time to use and enjoy guilt free?
Hmmm...guilt free...what a concept.

I think I'll put away the baby stuff that was in the side entry, and go down and take a shower (another shameless self indulgence...who knows, I might even wash my own clothes before the kids' or read a book....)

4 comments:

Leesa said...

showers aren't self-indulgences; baths are. Baths with a good book and lots of bubbles.

Leesa said...

I saw a little girl in McDonalds over the weekend, and she was so precious. She had light brunette hair, strands were coming out of her loosely-tied ponytail, and her laugh and smile were infectious. She ran up to a slightly older boy and said, "Come play with me." It was so cute and she eventually got the boy to play with her.

Well, I want to have a little contest called "Battle of the Bloggers." I wrote about it last week, and my readers were less-than-enthusiastic about the contest. I cannot be entered myself, but I want to host a competiton that, more than anything, will expose me and others to good blogs that we don't know about to date. Please visit my blog at http://dsmoya31410.blogspot.com to see the details. So if you want to nominate a blog for this competition, please do so. I don't really care who wins; I just want to know about quality blogs. Sorry if this looks like spam. I am just trying to spread the word.

Leesa said...

sweetie,

I have noticed that you have stopped blogging publicly. Are you maintaining Invention Disclosure?

MOAB said...

No, I actually have an invention I am working on, and figured a blog was a good way to date stamp my idea. The us patent office used to have a way to have your idea saved on a certian date so that it protects you at the original inventor, but they eliminated the service. And as far as bloggin in general goes, I have been lazy and uninspired.